DELTA: Royal Father In Manslaughter Allegation

Boi Chuks lying on Bed, Obi Uche
The traditional ruler of Abavo Kingdom, HRM, Uche Irenuwa was penultimate week accused of an alleged manslaughter attempt on the life of his subject.
Report has it that on April 24, 2013, the young man, Mr. Boi Chuks, whose full body and lacerated right limb is seen on the bed in the picture below, were attacked without provocation in a local restaurant where they had gone to eat following their return from the court session at Agbor on that same day by a group of some heavily armed thugs attached to His Royal Highness.
Our source informed us that while others in the company of Mr. Chuks were able to escape, he was over powered and pinned down by these thugs, beaten with clubs and Iron bars, dragged outside and had his right leg run over with a Toyota Camry car belonging to the Traditional ruler
Mr. Chuks Boi who spoke to us on his hospital bed at the Central Hospital in Agbor, said that, on Wednesday April 24, at about 12pm he was hungry and decided to take his lunch at Galaxy II Restaurant along Palace Road Abavo. “In the course of taking my launch, some group of persons came to where we were, I didn’t notice because I was backing the road, people started running away. I saw some boys and the person leading them was Amos aka CSO and they used one of the cars in their proccession to crush my leg”. Mr. Chuks further stated that the Camry Car had no registration number but “His Royal Highness “ was written on the registration plate. He noted that among the boys who accousted him were Amos, Bobo, Osakwe, Ojei. He said that he was being accused of trying to assassinate HRM Uche Irenuwa.
The owner of Galaxy II restaurant, Mr. Sunday Agholor said he was selling when suddenly some boys came and attacked his customers that were eating. He noted that one was caught and put in a car, and that in the process of trying to apprehend the second person, who was struggling, the tyre of the vehicle climbed his leg.
Mr. Agholor, told Delta Decides that he has locked up his shop and left, but that some group of boys went ahead and destroyed it.
The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Abavo Police Station, DSP Valentine Mbalu, when contacted, said he would not comment because the case has been transferred to the Police Headquarters, Asaba while HRM, Uche Irenuwa could not be reached as he was not picking his mobile phones and an SMS was sent instead was not responded to.

Related posts

Leave a Comment